The Northeast Tarrant County area is comprised of Haltom City, North Richland Hills, Richland Hills and Watauga.
Here are some area statistics:
Haltom City was incorporated on July 5, 1949. Haltom City was originally called Birdville and it was the first city in Tarrant County and the location of the county seat before Ft. Worth. The name was changed to Haltom City in 1949.
In 1953, North Richland Hills was incorporated by a vote of 24 to 23.
Richland Hills was incorporated in 1950.
The first settlers came to Watauga in 1843. The area was first large farms and ranches, and took its name from the Cherokee word for "village of many springs."
For more information, visit any of the official city websites listed above.